Genetic evolution

foster at foster at
Mon Oct 11 13:27:00 EST 1993

I'm looking for software to simulate the evolution of particular genes
ina population over time.  In particular, I'm interested in the evolution
of retrovirus-like transposible elements.  I need to be able to vary
mutation rates, error rates, site location, fixation rates, and so on.
Any software which does only SOME of this would still be of great
interest to me.

Thanks for any pointers.

James A. Foster                           foster at
Laboratory for Applied Logic              Dept. of Computer Science
University of Idaho