<none>

Dan Jacobson danj at dev.gdb.org
Thu Oct 21 16:18:49 EST 1993

In article <20OCT93.20423407.0085 at VM1.MCGILL.CA> MDNB000 <MDNB at MUSICA.MCGILL.CA> writes:
>Dear networkers,
>
>Could you please help me to locate the right databases and software
>for searching for potential tyrosine and serine/threonine kinases
>phosphorylation sites, potential SH2/SH3 domain motifs in proteins,
>and other important sequences participating in the phospharylation
>and complexing of protein kinases with their substrates and "adaptor"
>proteins, respectively.

There's a database and two pieces of software which will do this for
you available by gopher or ftp.

For Unix or Vax/VMS you can get prosearch2.1 and for the Macintosh there's
Macpattern both of which will allow you to scan your sequence against the
Prosite database (a database of the wide variety of patterns which indidcate
motifs and potential sites for post-translational modifications).

You can get the latest version of the Prosite Database, Prosearch, and
Macpattern by gopher or by anonymous ftp.

Prosite:

Gopher:

Point your gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu and go to the following
directories:

 -->    FTP Sites For Biology/

        -->  NCBI Repository FTP Archive /

             -->   prosite/

Ftp:  anonymous ftp to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

-----

Prosearch:

Gopher:

 -->    FTP Sites For Biology/

       -->   IUBio-Software+Data (Indiana)/

             -->    molbio/

                   -->   search/

                         -->   prosearch2.1.shar

Ftp: anonymous ftp to ftp.bio.indiana.edu

-----

Macpattern:

Gopher:

 -->    FTP Sites For Biology/

       -->    EMBL software (Heidelberg)/

              -->    software/

                   -->    mac/

                         -->   macpattern.hqx <HQX>

Ftp: anonymous ftp to ftp.embl-heidelberg.de

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at mail.gdb.org