Unzipping ""Gopher""...

Bill Melchior wmelchior at ntet.nctr.fda.gov
Tue Oct 26 10:42:30 EST 1993

In article <25OCT93.11152885 at msdisk.wustl.edu>,
wetsel_r at msdisk.wustl.edu writes:
> I've obtained and unzip.exe for the VAX from the wuarchive ....
>
> What am I missing or failing to do?  I've been trying to unzip the
> gopher.zip file all within the same (new) subdirectory -
> unzip gopher209.zip  is the command I've tried w/o success.

David-

Have you defined UNZIP as a symbol?  You have to do this to pass the
program arguments, in this case the file name.

First define the symbol (be SURE to include the '$' before the '['):
$ UNZIP :== $ [directory with UNZIP.EXE]UNZIP.EXE
            ^
(After defining UNZIP, run it without any arguments to get a brief help
screen. -x is the switch to extract files, -l lists them.)

Then use it:
$ UNZIP [switches such as -l or -x] <file name, eg gopher209.zip>

Good luck, Bill
Views expressed are not necessarily those of NCTR, its sponsoring agencies,
or the United States government.

Bill Melchior                                ||
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    ALL statements
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||    in this
(501) 543-7206                               ||    signature box
                                             ||    are false.
WMELCHIOR at NTET.NCTR.FDA.GOV                  ||