unarchiving pc files

Sarah Tilley sjt at newt.phys.unsw.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 00:42:31 EST 1993

--
Hi,

I have just obtained some public domain files for my pc by ftp. They are of the format *.exe, and they are meant to automatically unarchive themselves to give me the programs I have downloaded. However whenever I type the filename all I get is a screen and keyboard freeze-up. Should I be unarchiving them on my unix machine? How do I get at these files? I am even having problems unarchiving pkunzip! Help! I have a directory full of software I want to use but can't get at.
Thanks in advance,

**
Sarah Tilley
sjt at newt.phys.unsw.edu.au