Biomed Clip Art

bhjelle at unm.edu bhjelle at unm.edu
Sun Sep 5 12:35:51 EST 1993

I often have to give presentations on topics related
to molecular biology, genetics, and more "organismal"
level subjects concerning human and animal virology.
I have several presentation packages (software)
ranging from Wordperfect Presentations to Harvard
Graphics to DrawPerfect, so can deal with various
bitmapped and vector mapped formats. I have been
looking unsuccessfully for large "clip art" libraries
that would allow me to import high-quality pictures
of, say, DNA structure, virus particles (eg, illustration
or bitmapped EM picture), human organs, phylogenic tree
templates, a library of mouse pictures, etc.

Is it too soon to ask for such a library, eg, on CD-ROM?
Does anyone know of something that would help with this?
I understand there are some "medical" packages on CD-ROM,
which are not clipart libraries but multimedia medical
reference libraries. Is anyone familiar with these?
Windows compatibility is important...

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Brian