Phylogenetic analysis software via gopher

Littlejohn Tim little at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Tue Sep 7 09:03:20 EST 1993

There has been some recent discussion about phylogenetic software
and multiple sequence alignment packages.  There is a growing collection
of documents, packages and compiled versions of various programs (including
Xiaoqiu Huang's MAP program) on the MegaGopher.

There is also a nice summary of various phylogenetic analysis packages,
written by Joe Felsenstein, too (with a few additions made by myself
e.g. the MEGA package), for those who would like an overview of what there
is available.

To access this collection, point your gopher Client at:

Name=MegaGopher
Type=1
Port=70
Path=
Host=megasun.bch.umontreal.ca

and select

 -->  4.  Computational Molecular Biology- programs, documents, help/
  -->  3.  Phylogenetic analysis- programs, help, etc./

for the summary document, then select:

 -->  1.  Documents/
  -->  2.  Summary of Programs for Phylogenetic analysis.

If you want more information about gopher, just send me an email and I'll
try to point you in the right direction.

Tim Littlejohn

E-mail:     little at ere.umontreal.ca         Tim Littlejohn
            tim at bch.umontreal.ca

Snail Mail: Departement de biochimie        Phone: (514) 343-5149
            Universite de Montreal          Fax:   (514) 343-2210
            C.P. 6128, succursale A,
            Montreal (Quebec), H3C 3J7
            CANADA