PIR Release 37 Available for FTP, e-mail, and gopher access

Dan Davison dbd at THEORY.BCHS.UH.EDU
Fri Sep 10 08:39:39 EST 1993

[This is a THIRD post since it appears the BOTH previous announcements
did not get distributed. My apologies if you're seeing this again]

Release 37 of the Protein Information Resource is available for e-mail
gopher, and anonymous FTP access.

FTP:
FTP to ftp.bchs.uh.edu, login as anonymous, and give your e-mail
address as password.  Then change directory to
pub/gene-server/pir/pir_rel37.

As usual, there are two directories, ascii and vms.  All files are
stored compressed, so you will need either uncompress on a unix system
or a decompress program on a VMS system. (A VMS decompress is available
in pub/gene-server/pir if you need it).  The VMS files can be used
with GCG 7.X if you run dbindex on them after uncompressing.  They can
be used as-is with GCG 6.X.

E-mail:
PIR entries are available via e-mail. Send the Subject: line
        send pir-help
        gene-server at bchs.uh.edu
to get started.

Gopher:

Gopher access is not available right now (Wed Sep  1 09:26:41 CDT
1993) due to a problem with the gopher indexing daemon. I'm working on
it today and tonight and will post an announcement when it's back
on-line.

Questions about the Gopher, WAIS, e-mail, or FTP archive should be
sent to gene-server-management at bchs.uh.edu.

dan davison
gene-server manager