>Re:Computer Programming/Data Analysis

Forday Wayne Lee fwl at nova.np.ac.sg
Thu Sep 9 22:09:18 EST 1993

Re:Computer Programming/Data Analysis

All our students are required to learn Qbasic (as well as LOTUS 123, D-base,
Word Perfect and Stat-Graphic) in their first year. Qbasic is simple to use
and is cheap. It is supplied with MS-DOS.

We find that it helps the students to understand what other software
programmes are doing. In their second year, they can use Quick Basic to
interface equipment to computers through RS-232 interfaces. Quite a handy
trick to know. That way they understand how instruments are interfaced to
computers.