Extracting translation from Genbank Files, HELP!

Stephen D. Jones hrpsdj at pnv.palm.cri.nz
Mon Sep 13 15:49:23 EST 1993

I must be missing something here but surely someone has written a PC program
to extract the translated sequence from genbank format into something Macaw
will read.

At present we have to get the file, translate it in one program, trim out
the DNA with another program, edit out the serines added at every 36
residues by the program that chopped out the nucleotides (cool huh,
especially when we didn't originally notice), read it into Macaw.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Jones