Software to Parse Feature Table

Will Fischer wfischer at bio.indiana.edu
Wed Sep 15 12:51:21 EST 1993

I need to extract given pieces of sequence from a set of EMBL/GenBank
entries, using ranges defined in the features table.  For example, I'd
like to be able to extract, from a set of entries, the DNA sequence for
each exon, or again for every complete CDS feature (all exons
assembled).

Surely not everyone does this manually?

What software exists that can actually parse the (eminently parsible)
joint features table format?  Please post reviews of programs you have
used, or mail me directly and I will summarize.

Thanks,

-- Will Fischer