Software to Parse Feature Table

etzold at etzold at
Thu Sep 16 09:56:05 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep16.002128.44 at>, GARTMANN at IMMUNBIO.MPG.DE (Christoph Gartmann) writes:
>> What software exists that can actually parse the (eminently parsible)
>> joint features table format?  Please post reviews of programs you have
>> used, or mail me directly and I will summarize.
> With Thure Etzold's SRS this can be done very easily.

..i wish it could  - SRS can parse the feature table but so far only sequence
ranges can be processed, ie, "123..345" - so from databanks like swissprot,
PIR (yes PIR...) all features can be extracted automatically; the "join" and
"complement" location commands of embl and genbank CANNOT be processed - however
someone is working on it right now ...joins with fragments from different
entries will be supported as well...however one can still try and get CDS's
from the nucleotide databanks - on average >50% will be processed ...depending
on the age and the organism source of the entries

thure etzold