xy coords from scanned trace?

Raymond Cox fot at dk.dou
Sat Sep 18 08:22:00 EST 1993

I would be interested to know whether anyone has written a program to
enable a recorder tracing (for example of the output from a
chromatograph) to be scanned with a flatbed or hand scanner and the
x,y coordinates extracted from the resulting bitmapped image. Ideally I
would like source code (in C) so that I can adapt it to our own special
requirements, but I am  interested in anything that can run on a
PC. (I am aware that Elsevier Biosoft sell a program called Ungraph to
do the same thing).

Best wishes
Raymond Cox
Odense University, Denmark