receptor-ligand modeling

TOMASI at IT.CINECA.MVCHSS TOMASI at IT.CINECA.MVCHSS
Sun Sep 19 19:04:00 EST 1993

\bio1 at navi.up.ac.za (Fourie Joubert) wrote:

\Hi

\Could anyone suggest software for modelling the interaction between a
\receptor and a ligand, or similar? I would actually like to model the
\binding of an antibody to a peptide, the x-ray structures of both are
\available.

\Any help would be enormously appreciated!

The only SW I know is the LIGAND and DESIGN packages developed by Munson
and Rodbard at NIH (E-Mail: MUNSON at NHIH.HELIX.GOV  or PTM at NIHCUDEC, but
these are old addresses), which however have only mathematical calculation
routines, not graphical modeling capabilities.

Paolo Tomasi

Paolo Tomasi Md PhD                             voice: +39-79-228282
Ist. di Endocrinologia                          voice: +39-79-271692
Viale S. Pietro 12                              fax  : +39-79-228282
07100 Sassari - Italy                           fax  : +39-79-219220

E-Mail: TOMASI at MVCHSS.CINECA.IT                 University of Sassari
E-Mail: UY8SSQ21 at CINE88.CINECA.IT               Sardinia (Sun Island)