densitometer information

Ellis Golub ellis at biochem.dental.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 21 14:40:42 EST 1993

We are using a Molecular Dynamics Personal Densitometer for quantitation
of dots, blots, etc. The instrument is superior to TV-Camera systems used
previously, and the software (ImageQuest) is quite easy to use. The instrument
is packaged with an integral PC (386) and the software runs under Windows.
The instrument is attached to our campus network to facilitate transfer of
image files which can be quite large. The native file format is TIFF, so
image files may be imported/exported to /from other software or hardware.

User response has been quite good, and the number of complaints of the form,
"How come this spot looks darker than that spot, but the analysis says
otherwisw?" have dropped dramatically when we switched from a TV based
system to this one.

Ellis Golub

Ellis Golub                            Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department                FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania             ellis @ biochem.dental.upenn.edu
School of Dental Medicine
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6003