xy coords from scanned trace?
Eric R. Hugo
eric at bcserv.WUSTL.EDU
Thu Sep 23 06:07:09 EST 1993
There is a windows 3.1 shareware program that works very well
it is available from ftp.cica.indiana.edu in the pub/pc/win3 area. I
think the archive is digi138.zip. Here's the info on the program:
This program does the reverse job of a plotting program (Un-Graphing), it can
import a scanned X,Y plot and digitize it to end up with a text file
containing the X,Y points.
This program is distributed as an evaluation shareware version, if you use
it for more than 30 days you should register, otherwise remove the program
form your computer. A registered user will receive a user code that will
make the program fully functional, and will also work with newer versions
when they become available.
Program Features and Capabilities
New after version 1.35
* Add Sort to data menu.
* Add Colors to the Options menu.
* Fix minor bugs.
* Load bitmap pictures from a file (BMP,PCX) or paste from the clipboard.
* Define plot axis for any type of plot (linear, Semilog in X or Y, and
* Digitize manually or automatically.
* ZOOM window (with variable magnification) lets you see every pixel.
* Display the ERROR of the digitized points.
* AUTO TRACER can digitize the curve with high accuracy:
* Two Auto Trace algorithms and a SCAN mode help Digitize various type
* SCAN Mode to digitize any type of plot/picture.
* The auto tracer can digitize multiple INTERSECTING curves with the help
of simple BLOCKERS with adjustable size.
* BLOCKERS are saved and updated automatically when you scroll the image
(only in scroll mode).
* ERASER to clean the picture.
* View and digitize the image in the scanned resolution, or stretch or reduce
the image to fit your window space.
* SAMPLE option allows to resample the digitized points with different
* Save the digitized points to a file or copy to the clipboard.
* Supports several text formats for the output.
* Define a header in the output file.
* Detailed on line help.
* TOOLBAR with most useful functions helps working faster and easier.
* Save your setting configuration to DIGITIZE.INI
Limitation of the shareware version
The program is fully functional except the following:
* Only 10 digitized points are allowed.
* The Copy X,Y function is disabled.
Eric R. Hugo, Postdoctoral Research Associate |eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics|finger above for
Washington University School of Medicine |public key <--
Box 8231, St. Louis, MO 63110_________________| (314) 362-3342
More information about the Bio-soft