SGI--->MAC image transfer

James Petts pettsj at visigoth.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 10:31:36 EST 1993

In article <1993Sep18.124014.1 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>,
nickerson at molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Darren Nickerson) wrote:

> 	Our lab has recently acquired an SGI for modelling purposes, and I
> have been struggling with the following question.  Is there a way to take a
> "screen-shot" on the Silicon Graphics which I can open on a MAC, preferably
> with minimal loss of resolution?  Would this screenshot be GIF, PICT, TIFF or
> PS?  Anyone doing this routinely?

Yes. I use the snapshot command to generate an RGB file which can be
converted to a PICT file with the topict command. It's trivial when you
know how. See tha man pages and Irix Utilities manual for more info. You
can also generate TIFF and PS/EPSF files.

--
-------- James Petts ---------
---- Beware of the Trund! ----