Managing elm files

"F." Geuna Dip. Genetica geuna at it.unimi.csi.imiucca
Sun Sep 26 11:51:00 EST 1993

Dear Netters,
I am looking for a piece of software for the Mac that allows retrieving
and displaying e-mail messages stored in sequential files like those
generated by the elm program under Unix.
I usually store all the relevant messages under such files using the "save"
option of the elm program, then I transfer them from the Unix machine
to my local Mac over a serial connection. Once on the Mac I would like to
browse and display old messages in the same way I do using the program
under Unix.
Are programs like Eudora suitable for that? If not, does anybody know
whether other programs are available?
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thank you very much in advance.

Filippo Geuna