Biochemical Pathways Chart - Electronic Version?

Littlejohn Tim little at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Tue Sep 28 11:25:08 EST 1993

mbpcr at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk (A. Parsons) writes:

>Now as there is an Enzymes database and all these biochemical pathways are
>catalysed by them then at least a fair proportion of the data is already held
>electronically.  Does anyone know of anyone who has put toether an electronic
>(HyperCard or hypermedia-style) biochemical pathways chart?

At this year's ACeDB (A C.elegans Data Base) developers meeting,
Stan Letovsky from Yale talked about a metabolic pathways database
that he had incorporated into ACeDB (actually the Soybean version of
ACeDB I think).  This looked like an excellent way of visually navigating
the pathways he had entered into the database as well as linking it to
all the other genetic data incorported into his version of ACeDB (e.g.
gene sequences, references, images, etc.).

His email address, as found in the bionet.software.acedb posting "ACEDB
Workshop Participant List", is:

	letovsky at cs.yale.edu

He may be able to help you further.

Cheers,

Tim

E-mail:     little at ere.umontreal.ca         Tim Littlejohn
            tim at bch.umontreal.ca

Snail Mail: Departement de biochimie        Phone: (514) 343-6111, x5149
            Universite de Montreal          Fax:   (514) 343-2210
            C.P. 6128, succursale A,
            Montreal (Quebec), H3C 3J7
            CANADA