DNA Strider ftp site

pmartino at pasteur.fr pmartino at pasteur.fr
Wed Sep 29 04:28:47 EST 1993

In <G.Grossman-280993184526 at biochemgate52.babs.unsw.edu.au> G.Grossman at unsw.EDU.AU (George Grossman) writes:

> Hi All,

> I am trying to locate an anonymous FTP site which has a copy of DNA Strider
> for the Macintosh. I have been having problems copying and pasting
> sequences and am not sure whether my copy has become corrupted (cannot find
> my original) or my new Mac LC III has a problem. Replacing the System onto
> a DeBlessed hard disc has made no difference.

> Thanks in advance for any information,

> George

	DNA Strider is not Public Domain.
	I think that the last version (compatible with system 7 but
which don't use and need it) is DNA Strider 1.2
        The price is about $200 US.
        You must contact the author:

                Christian Marck
        Service de Biochimie et de Genetique Moleculaire
        Bat. 142 Centre d'Etudes de Saclay
        91191 GIF-SUR-YVETTE CEDEX FRANCE

        I don't know if he has a E-mail.
	The last version works very well in the lab on a LCIII with
color monitor.

        Hope it helps.