Entrez:Sequences HELP !!!!!!

H6098Har%HUELLA.earn at uk.ac.earn-relay H6098Har%HUELLA.earn at uk.ac.earn-relay
Thu Sep 30 07:30:32 EST 1993

Subject: RE: Entrez:Sequences HELP !!!!!!

:        I know that this point has already been raised: how by the hell can I
:get the Entrez:Sequences/Medline CD-ROMs ??
:
:        When I asked NCBI for infos some time ago, I got an immediate
:response, as usual with these pretty efficient people. I was directed to
:some "Government Printing Office". I sent them an order form, I received
:back a form to fill, which I filled and sent back. This was on april 26th...
:
:       Since then, NOTHING.
:
:        Is this because I sent an order form from my institution, which
:means that no money was sent? (as usual with the administration, they
:will pay only after the stuff has been delivered)
:
:        Should I order Entrez:Sequences and pay with my own Visa Card, in
:which case I shall not be reimbursed? It's not that I am a Shylock, but I'm
:somewhat reluctant to pay for being able to work ....

Dear Jean-Loup,

Ask SWETS & ZEITLINGER GmbH for a proforma invoice for a one year subscription
and your administration may be willing to pay that. This was the only way how
I could get the Government Printing Office to send Entrez. Their fax is
+49 69-631-4216.
Good luck,

Balazs
                Balazs Harrach
                Veterinary Medical Research Institute,
                Hungarian Academy of Sciences
         (__)   H-1581 Budapest, P.O.B. 18.       _--------_
         (oo)   Hungary                          |__________|   BIG
  /-------\/    Tel.: +36 1-252-2455              XXXXXXXXXX    MAC
 / | 007 ||     Fax:  +36 1-252-1069              __________
*  ||----||     E-mail: h6098har at huella.bitnet   |_        _|
Cow licenced to kill           Enemy Cow after having met previous cow