entrez under linux?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Fri Apr 8 14:04:01 EST 1994

My only comment is that compiling entrez/unix requires
Motif x-window libraries, and there is no free Motif for
linux.  There is a $200 Motif library for linux (from who
it escapes me at the moment...).  It may or may not be
possible to distribute binaries for entrex/linux w/o a fee.
However, whoever has a linux box mostly likely already has
an MSWindows box, so they could use the MSWindows binary
of entrez.

I haven't tried entrez/ncbitools on linux.  If I do, I'll
let people know.
-- don
-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu