Looking for RMS distance calculator

Luca Jovine jovinel at imiucca.csi.unimi.it
Mon Apr 11 05:32:09 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

I am looking for a program that calculates the RMS distance between a given
set of homologous molecular structures. I mean something that could read
PDB files,
possibly ask which atoms to compare (P or all nt atoms for nucleic acids,
C-alpha or all AA atoms for proteins) - although of course one can do this
by hand with any editor, then perform the calculation and give a distance
matrix
as output.
Does anything like this exist?
[Any of this OS will be OK (in order of preference): Mac, Unix, Windows, DOS.]

Thank you very much in advance,

                                Luca Jovine

   Luca Jovine

   Dipartimento di Biologia e di Genetica dei Microrganismi
   Universita' degli Studi di Milano
   Via Celoria 26
   I-20133 Milano
   ITALY

   Voice:  +39.2.26605213
   FAX:    +39.2.2664551
   E-Mail: jovinel at imiucca.csi.unimi.it [jovinel at 159.149.10.1]

   "I'll give you a definitive maybe" (Sam Goldwyn)