PC version of NIH Image (and other stories)

Nigel Eastmond nce at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 09:21:13 EST 1994

Paulo Magalhaes (pamaga at dk.aau.biobase) wrote:
: Greetings,

: A while back I posted a question to the 'methods-reagents' newsgroup
: regarding software. Now I believe I'm in the right place :)

: To cut a long story short, we need to find good PC alternatives to
: Mac's PhotoShop and Image 1.44. Our knowledge in this area is summarized
: in the next few lines:

: * Image Master, from Pharmacia - it sounds pretty good, but the price is
:   ridiculously high...

: * PhotoShop for Windows - does this program do exactly the same thing as
:   the Mac version? Who commercializes it?

: * QuantiScan, from BioSoft - does this program do the same as Image 1.44
:   (for the Mac)? Does anyone have any experience with it? It seems as if
:   it is a good alternative, but we'd like to know a little more about it
:   before we take the plunge. Price, anyone?

: * AND AGAIN: we're still looking for a PC program that provides the same
:   features as Image 1.44 - amongst other things, we need to quantify and
:   print autoRs... Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

: That's all for the time being :)

: All the best from Copenhagen,

: Paulo

Buy a Mac