Mac BinHex in Email?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:54:55 EST 1994

I recommend RTF format for exchanging word processing
documents.  Microsoft Word and other Microsoft programs,
WordPerfect, and various other common word processors
all will read and write RTF format.

RTF format will/should go through e-mail without any
problems (I did recently find a computer system that
mangled RTF and Binhex and just about anything else, but
those shoudl be the exceptions).

To save a file as RTF check out your wordprocessor's
"save as" function.

BTW, BinHex 5 is the wrong format for e-mail.  It is BinHex4
that you wanted, though RTF is more general and even
works for non-mac systems.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu