Lane finding software

Mike Cherry cherry at stout.Stanford.EDU
Mon Apr 18 22:55:47 EST 1994

In article <jmack-180494203913 at jmack.pipeline.com>,
John Mack <jmack at pipeline.com> wrote:
>In article <aberno-180494142608 at lyapunov.stanford.edu>,
>aberno at genome.stanford.edu (Anthony Berno) wrote:
>
>> -Most importanly, it must be able to do lane tracking
>> with NO human intervention, EVER, and either get it
>> right, or determine by itself that it has made a
>> mistake.
>
>Try PDI at 516-673-3939. They have DNA gel analysis software that may do
>what you need. Talk to Paul Collins and tell hime that John Mack sent you!
>Maybe I'll get a free lunch out of him!

Thanks for the reply but Anthony is looking for non-proprietary
software.  Please forgive me if PDI would give away their lane
tracking code. The result of our projects will be freely available.

Mike

P.S. Please wait until Anthony announces that he is ready to
distribute his work before sending requests to obtain the software.

J. Michael Cherry                       Internet: cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Head, Computing                         Stanford DNA Sequence & Tech. Center
Project Manager                         Saccharomyces Genome Database
Stanford University School of Medicine  Stanford, CA 94305-5120