NIH Image/Molec.Dynam. P'imager

Nigel Eastmond nce at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 09:49:49 EST 1994

Ola Myklebost (olam at no.uio.radium) wrote:

: I saw the program, and it is definitely NIH-Image, but the version I saw
: was much older than the NIH Image available publicly. The program is
: supposed to be modified so that it more easily accepts MD TIFF files.
: Withou it you must read the TIFF header size,length & width in the scan
: info window in ImageQuant, and import into Image after having reentered the
: info there.

Your kidding!  That's crazy.  That surely implies that MD developed a TIFF
format all of their very own.  There should be a law against that!

: It would have been much nicer if they had designed a Photoshop-compatible
: plug-in to do this, which could be used in the newest version of Image...

Agreed.  It's a crazy world.  Mind you a Mac evangelist would tell you that
it's even crazier without a Mac to help you along.  Nice to know that
MD did implement NIH-Image.  My immediate superior will be very relaxed to
have this knowledge.  Thanks Ola.

| Nigel C. Eastmond             |   Email nce at rri.sari.ac.uk    |
| Rowett Research Institute     |   Tel   +44 244 712751        |
| Aberdeen                      |   Fax   +44 244 715349        |
| Scotland                      |                               |