NIH Image/Molec.Dynam. P'imager

Ola Myklebost olam at
Wed Apr 20 09:30:11 EST 1994

In article <2p2pg6$36s at>, nce at (Nigel
Eastmond) wrote:

> Hi!
> Does anyone out there use a Molecular Dynamics Phosphorimager or a
> Fluorimager 575?  Do you use it on a Macintosh based system?  If so,
> is the software that comes with it actually NIH-Image?

I saw the program, and it is definitely NIH-Image, but the version I saw
was much older than the NIH Image available publicly. The program is
supposed to be modified so that it more easily accepts MD TIFF files.
Withou it you must read the TIFF header size,length & width in the scan
info window in ImageQuant, and import into Image after having reentered the
info there.

It would have been much nicer if they had designed a Photoshop-compatible
plug-in to do this, which could be used in the newest version of Image...

Ola Myklebost                   Email  ola.myklebost at
Dept of Tumor Biology
Inst for Cancer Research        Tel +47-2293-4299
The Norwegian Radium Hospital   Fax +47-2252-2421
N-0310 OSLO, Norway