finding trans-membrane domains of proteins

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Wed Apr 20 07:39:30 EST 1994

john f hess phd (jfhess at ucdavis.edu) wrote:
: This seems to be the place to ask this question. I am interested in
: programs that will analyze protein sequences and tell me where potential
: trans-membrane domains are.

: I am currently using MacDNAsis on my mac and have GCG on a vax on main
: campus.

PEPTIDESTRUCTURE from the GCG package will do what you want if you want
to use the Hopp&Woods- or Kyte&Doolittle-Algorithm.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */