alternate mosaic entry to iubio archive

Jerry Learn learn at
Fri Apr 22 20:47:57 EST 1994

steffen at (David Steffen) writes
>In article <Coo4DE.n0q at>
>    gilbertd at (Don Gilbert) writes:
>>If you have a view on gopher+ versus mosaic/http/html/www for use
>>in biosciences information services, please feel free to comment here
(A whole bunch of stuff about gopher vs. www, that I don't wish to comment
>3) The most recent WWW host I would have liked to use said explicitly
>that it was only compatable with clients that supported "forms", which
>they noted does not include the Mac client, and which I suspect does
>not include lynx.
The latest versions of lynx (Versions 2.0 and later, I believe) *do*
support forms.  I am not convinced that lynx offers a better user
interface than curses-based gopher, but if you would like to give it a try,
It is available for a number of Unix platforms and VMS at in
/packages/www/lynx/lynx2-0-12.  Also the next version of Mosaic for the Mac
(2.0, not released yet!) will include forms support.  The folks at NCSA
claim that they are working on it.

Jerry Learn

Dept. of Botany & Plant Sciences | learn at | LEARN at UCRVMS.BITNET
University of California         | (909) 787-4673      | FAX: (909) 787-4437
Riverside, CA  92521  USA