NIH Image/Molec.Dynam. P'imager

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Sun Apr 24 10:09:17 EST 1994

In article <2p2pg6$36s at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> nce at rri.sari.ac.uk (Nigel Eastmond) writes:
>Subject: NIH Image/Molec.Dynam. P'imager
>From: nce at rri.sari.ac.uk (Nigel Eastmond)
>Date: 20 Apr 1994 09:35:18 +0100

>Hi!

>Does anyone out there use a Molecular Dynamics Phosphorimager or a
>Fluorimager 575?  Do you use it on a Macintosh based system?  If so,
>is the software that comes with it actually NIH-Image?  The Company
>call it MD-Image (!) but looking at the photographs of the Macs in the
>official literature, for all intents and purposes the program seems
>to be good-old NIH-Image.
[...]

When we considered buying a MD machine, we had a programmer look at the
software package.  She indeed concluded that the software was basically NIH
which had been altered to make it much less accessible/flexible.  We
considered this a drawback which was one factor AGAINST us getting an MD
phosphoImager (we ended up with a Fuji system).
__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763