Voice Recongition Software

Mike Grasso mikeg at CS.UMBC.EDU
Tue Apr 26 09:34:56 EST 1994

I noticed you are looking to enter DNA sequence data using voice
recognition.  We are working on a NIH funded grant to use voice
recognition for hands-free/eyes-free data collection during animal trials,
such as animal drug toxicology studies.  Our justification for using
voice is that the technicians hands and eyes are busy with microscopy or
necropsy and that keyboard input is therefore difficult.   We have also
done a pretty extensive survey of voice technology applied in the
medical area (this will hopefully appear in M.D. Computing).  I was curious:
what is your justification for using voice recognition?

Michael Grasso      Reasearch & Development  Training Courses
Segue Corporation   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Laurel, Maryland    Medical Informatics      Object Oriented Analysis
grasso at cs.umbc.edu  Speech Recognition       Object Oriented Design
(301) 776-1196      Relational Databases     C++, C, SQL