Software to Track Banded Owls

Southwestern Field Biologists swfbtucs at
Tue Apr 26 02:14:41 EST 1994

We are involved in a long-term monitoring and demographic modelling
project for Mexican spotted owls in southeastern Arizona and have
accumulated a lot of data. We have been making do with Lotus and dBase
III to keep track of band numbers, stage class, activity, mortality,
etc., but are beginning to realize the need for software to use this info
to generate geneaologies. By the end of this summer we should have about
140 banded birds, some for as long as four years. There has to be a
package out there that can keep track of the changing relationships among

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank W. Reichenbacher

Work:                                       Home:
Southwestern Field Biologists               2739 N. La Cienega
8230 E. Broadway, Suite W8                  Tucson, Arizona 85715
Tucson, Arizona, USA 85710                  (602) 886-4051
(602) 886-4303  fax (602) 886-4303