Custom Data Acquisition

Mike Grasso mikeg at cs.umbc.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:10:57 EST 1994

We know there are a number of data acquisition systems out there,
such as LabWindows.  These system must have some limitations, since
there are a number of researchers still developing data acquistion
systems from scratch in C or Pascal.

Our question is this: What are the tradeoffs between using a data
acquisition system and custom software development and when would
you use one over the other ?

Michael Grasso                University of Maryland Baltimore Campus
                                                   grasso at cs.umbc.edu
                                  Segue Corporation, Laurel, Maryland
                                   (301) 776-1196, (301) 604-6646 fax