non-specific primers for human genomic seq

Stephen Baird sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca
Fri Apr 29 11:36:30 EST 1994

I'm looking for ideas or references on non-specific primers to
amplify human genomic sequences. I'd like to amplify small pieces
(around 200-500bp) preferably without repetitive elements and
preferentially amplify human sequences over any contaminating
sequence from bacteria. When doing database searches with small
pieces of human genomic sequence like 100-150bp, more often than
not the top scores are all human sequences even if the scores are
very low. How small could a sequence be that would still find mostly
human sequence?  For the primer, should I just use the most common
codon sequences that are not as commonly used by E. coli?

Thanks for any ideas or references,

| Stephen Baird                        sbaird at mgcheo.med.uottawa.ca  |
| Molecular Genetics                       tel: 613-738-3925         |
| Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario   fax: 613-738-4833         |
| 415 Smyth Rd.                                                      |
| Ottawa, Ontario                                                    |
| Canada                                                             |
| K1H 8M8                                                            |