Sequence Alignment and Primer Design Softwares?

Chris Zarow zarow at
Fri Apr 29 19:58:28 EST 1994

I am seeking recommendations for some software programs.

1.   A sequence alignment program for cDNAs.   The sequence alignment program
should be able to align several sequences at once, and report on both
homologous and non-homologous regions across sequences.

2.   A primer-design program able to adhere to criteria for Tm, %GC,
lack of primer-dimers, lack of hairpin loops, etc.

I welcome suggestions for programs available on the Internet,
shareware programs, public domain programs, or reasonably priced
commercial programs.

Chris Zarow, Ph.D
University of Southern California
Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center