OLGCG.....the GUI for the GCG program....who has it!!?!

John Hanh Nguyen nguyenj at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:53:41 EST 1994

Gregory Quinn Ph.D. (gquinn at NICK.MED.USF.EDU) wrote:
: Does anyone have any more info on OLGCG, the GUI for GCG.
: I have Emailed Scott Sammons at Emory (bcresas at bimcore.emory.edu) for some
: information on this, but have heard nothing yet.

: Does anyone know any more about this?

Yes, I sent him email on this matter a while back.
Here is a little cut and paste of Scott's response:

Our GUI was written in C for Solaris 2.3 using a
developers program called devGuide.  It uses the OPENLOOK interface
(which
seemed like a good choice at the time, but which Sun is dropping
support for)
and the Xview library.  Be aware that GCG is about to release version
8
(within the next couple of months) of their software which includes a
motif-based GUI that will work on several platforms (VAX, SGI,
Solaris).
I currently have a beta copy and it does seem to include all the
functionality that ours has.

If you have access to mosaic, you can use this address to
get more information:

http://bimcore.emory.edu/bimcore_information_page.html

John N