NetEntrez crashing Sun X!

Keith Robison robison at lipid.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 9 10:08:03 EST 1994

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  Sometimes
when I attempt to start NetEntrez on my Sun (1+), it crashes out
the window server (olwm).  The problem seems to have some correlation
with what I choose for foreground & background colors, and perhaps
with whether I've run other software first (Mosaic using up
my color map?).  I've also had some other X software do this,
and a colleague just had it happen on their machine with Entrez.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?  I apologize for
the sketchy details, but I haven't had the patience yet to try
to exhaustively investigate this.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI