NBRF -> CODATA -- PIR file format conversion

Gene Shpaer gene at apldbio.com
Tue Aug 9 13:12:43 EST 1994

Hi:

The PIR database exists in two distinctly different formats:

CODATA
and
NBRF.

Since new releases come in both of these two formats simultaneously. there should be a utility which converts one into another.  Can you please point where can I get the program to convert pir1, pir2 and pir3 from the NBRF to CODATA format?

I know and use READSEQ program, but this excellent tool is not designed for the BIG files and does not parse the Annotations.

Thank you for your help.

Eugene Shpaer