BLAST or BLAST-like software for Windows

Valery Thompson valeryt at ag.arizona.edu
Thu Dec 1 16:16:25 EST 1994

I am looking for some software to perform BLAST searches that I can run
directly from my PC.  I have tried the network version available from NCBI and
find it very cumbersome to use particularly since it is a DOS only program
and I have to not only exit Windows, but also unload my Windows network
driver in order to use it.  I have a demo copy of WinGenie which has
several nice programs for sequence searching and sequence alignment,
but requires me to send the requests by email.

Is there anything available that combines the abilities of these two programs?
Any input would be appreciated.

Valery Thompson
Muscle Biology Group
University of Arizona