Re clone ordering software

Daz darrenp at
Thu Dec 8 22:35:01 EST 1994

This is rather topical - I have been doing research into this over the
last few months (well last 3 years is a better description, but a lot
of the detailed work has occurred recently), and have compared many
different ordering regimes.  I have software to perform all of these
and would be very interested in sharing/discussing this with anyone who
has data.  From a research point of view, I have had to conduct my
experiments with simulated genomes because I need the "correct" answer
to compare the efficiency of ordering systems, but experience with real
data would be appreciated.

I am currently writing this work up as part of my PhD thesis, but would
be happy to share results with anyone who is interested,

Darren Platt, Department of Computer Science
darrenp at
Monash University, Clayton Melbourne, Victoria, Australia