Mosaic with serial connection.

Carl Lawyer clawyer at SIUMED.EDU
Sun Dec 11 17:00:36 EST 1994

At 11:36 AM 12/11/94 +0000, <SPAGNOL at PLAUTO.CSATA.IT> wrote:
>Dear netters,
>as a dialup client of an internet server, I can't figure out how to
>make Mosaic or Netscape work for me. They told me I have to be
>connected directly trough a net to the server,otherwise Mosaic will
>never work, but I do not have this opportunity and I wonder if, with
>appropriate
>software, any solution exists. If anybody knows
>any,  he would help me greatly if he'd E-mail me at
>spagnol at imiucca.csi.unimi.it. I then will post a summary for the
>newsgroup.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Giorgio Spagnol,MD,
>Neurology Dept,
>University of Milan.

NETSCAPE
Netscape is optimized for performance using 14.4 KB modems, so real people
can access the Internet over standard phone lines

What Is Netscape

Netscape 1.0 is the premiere graphical navigator to the Internet. Combining
the latest in point-and-click interface design with lightning-fast
performance, Netscape 1.0 is the must-have application for exploring the
new matrix of worldwide communication.

Netscape features many substantial improvements over comparable network
navigators.

       IT'S FAST: One of our primary design objectives was to optimize
performance using 14.4 KB modems, so real people can access the
       Internet over standard phone lines. And if you cruise the net over
higher capacity lines, you'll see obvious advantages as well.

       IT'S RELIABLE: We built Netscape from the ground up to ensure its
reliability across a variety of applications. Our hand-picked
       engineering and quality assurance team have unsurpassed experience
in creating products of this kind, and it shows in every aspect of the
       product, from design integrity to interface elegance.

       IT'S CONSISTENT: Netscape is available - and is functionally
identical - for Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, and Unix X Window
       System platforms. This common look, feel, and behavior is a major
advantage in mixed computing environments, where training and support
       are minimized.

       IT'S SECURE: As you explore the Internet, you'll find a world of
information, products and services. Netscape provides integrated,
       bulletproof security, so transactions with servers across the net
can be fully protected against hackers and eavesdroppers.

About the Free Beta Realease
       Find out for yourself. Download a copy of our beta right now.

Note: In November, 1994, Netscape 1.0 will also be available free via
download for personal use. At that time, a commercial
version for business and organizational use, complete with support, will
become available direct from Netscape Communications for a unit price of
$99
on all platforms. Please contact us at sales at mcom.com for pricing on larger
quantities.

DETAILS

       Interoperates with multiprotocol clients and servers. Native support
for the HTTP, FTP, Gopher, and NNTP protocols.
       Delivers improved performance via:
              Multiple, simultaneous image loading.
              Continuous document streaming.
              Document and image caching.
              Native JPEG image decompression.
       Delivers enhanced ease of use via:
              A toolbar for frequently used commands.
              A bookmark facility to let users maintain, index and search a
hierarchical list of favorite Internet sites.
              A state of the art configurable GUI.
              A network transfer progress indicator.
       Provides a common look, feel, and behavior across platforms.
       Supports the following platforms:
              Windows 3.1 or later (16-bit/32-bit), Windows for Workgroups,
and Windows NT.
              Macintosh System 7 or later.
              Most Unix/X Window System platforms, including Sun Sparc
(Solaris, SunOS 4.1.3 and 5.2), Silicon Graphics (IRIX 5.2), Digital
              Equipment Corp. Alpha (OSF/1), Hewlett-Packard 700-series
(HP-UX 1.1), IBM RS6000 AIX 3.2, Linux, and BSDI.
       Serves as drop-in replacement for all HTTP-compliant network
browsers; interoperates with all common network servers.

info at mcom.com
 Netscape Communications Corporation is  on the Internet at
http://home.mcom.com

or by calling 1-800-NETSITE or

by sending email to info at mcom.com.