How many biology related WWW servers exist?

Keith Robison robison at mito.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 14 12:37:57 EST 1994

Rob Harper (harper at ebi.ac.uk) wrote:

: The number of WWW servers related to biology has increased dramatically
: over the past year. Does anybody have any statistics as to how many
: now exist.

: And I would also be interested to know the total number of WWW servers
: in existance at the moment.

: I would appreciate it if anybody could point to a URL that gives this kind
: of information.

: Thanks in advance.

The WWW Virtual Library: Biosciences currently contains about 525
distinct IP addresses.  Since there were probably about 2 dozen
this time last year, this represents phenomenonal growth!
Looking at it another way, the servers are showing up at a rate
of more than one (but not quite 2) a day!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI

robison at mito.harvard.edu