Regular expression scanning software

Roy Omond omond at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 09:22:46 EST 1994

In article <1994Dec14.104842.11384 at leeds.ac.uk>,
bmb5meb at biovax.leeds.ac.uk writes:

> I'm looking for some software that runs on VMS or Unix (VMS prefered) which
> will allow me to scan a protein database of 95000 sequences with user-defined
> regular expressions (PROSITE-like consensus sequences). Any programs will be
> considered since I need to do this reasonably soon.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike.
>
> Michael Beck (Leeds University Rifle Coach) :  Juggle 'til you drop
> Protein Database Group, University of Leeds :
>                                             :  To all masochists, try doing
> e-mail : bmb5meb at biovax.leeds.ac.uk         :  the Mills' Mess when drunk.

Just to note that we seem to have satisfied Mike's request with Scrutineer
(written by Peter Sibbald with Hubert Sommerfeldt and Patrick Argos, at the
EMBL).  And just to note also that Peter Sibbald is no longer at the EMBL
but is busy woodworking away in Ontario, Canada, building canoes and other
fine things out of wood !

Oh, yes, Scrutineer is available by anonymous ftp from ftp.ebi.ac.uk
and also by e-mail from netserv at ebi.ac.uk.

Roy Omond
European BioInformatics Institute
European Molecular Biology Laboratory