MacPlasmap?

Alan Roter alan at sequana.com
Thu Dec 15 21:43:05 EST 1994

In article <D0tAFC.8CL at ljcrf.edu>, elya at pines6.ljcrf.edu (Elya S. Kurktchi)
wrote:

> Has anybody used MacPlasmap or know of another commercial
> or freeware/shareware product that can draw plasmid maps?
> I'd like to know the pros/cons of that program and whether
> or not there is another package that might do the same
> thing.
>
> TIA,
>
> Elya.

There are two commercial packages that specialize in generating plasmid
maps and drawing.  One is Gene Construction Kit from TextCo Inc.  It
is a complex package that supports the logic of plasmid construction
as well as the drawing.  It lists for about $995.

A simpler program is Plasmid ARTIST sold by Clontech Labs. Inc in
Palo Alto.  It is a MacDraw-like drawing program that is tuned for
giving very high quality printouts from Postscript LaserWriters.
It lists for $445.

--
Alan H. Roter
alan at sequana.com