Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Tue Dec 20 16:13:44 EST 1994

Antonella Lisa - IGBE CNR - Pavia (lisa at wrote:
> I am looking for a software that can convert a sequence text file in a
> format ready to be sent to blast by e-mail. Is there anything that can do
> that?

If you are on a Unix machine, try the "mailfasta" shell script. It is
available e.g. from There is another program
called MSU (?) which is supposed to do the same; however, I personally
prefer the mailfasta user interface.

/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */