Mike Mitchell mike at
Wed Dec 21 04:10:02 EST 1994

In article <3d70rp$dhj at>, lisa at
(Antonella Lisa - IGBE CNR - Pavia) wrote:

> I am looking for a software that can convert a sequence text file in a
> format ready to be sent to blast by e-mail. Is there anything that can do
> that?
> Thanks.

The FASTA/Pearson format is accepted by the BLAST email-server, and can be
generated from most sequence formats using ReadSeq. ReadSeq is available
most computing platforms, and can be found at most ftp sites - particularily
the Indiana archive

And hel for the NCBI BLAST server can be obtained by sending an email to

    blast at

with the word HELP as the body of the message.
*Michael Mitchell             *"All I know about babies is that you *
*User Support                 * are not supposed to put them into   *
*Molecular Biology Software   * washing machines. Makes the colours *
*Imperial Cancer Research Fund* run, presumably."                   *
*+44 (0)71 269 3115           * Tom Holt - Here Comes The Sun - 1994*