Degenerate primer design software?

John Nash nash at
Thu Dec 22 15:35:52 EST 1994

In article <3daant$ol6 at>,  <stuy at> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of software available, preferably freeware, to aid in the
>design of degenerate primers for PCR or library screening?

Try PrimerGen available as PGEN.UUE (a uuencoded self-extracting
archive) on in their molecular biology software
directory.  It runs on PCs and clones.  You can also pick it up by
clicking on my name on my WWW Home Page (listed below).

Reference: Nash (1993).  A computer program to calculate and design
oligonucleotide primers from amino acid sequences.  CABIOS 9:469-471.

John Nash                       Institute for Biological Sciences      *
Email: nash at   National Research Council of Canada  * .*
World Wide Web:            *
         Disclaimer: Opinions are mine, not NRC's