Using SIMLIFE for intro biology?

Desmond Fuller dfuller at
Fri Feb 4 00:31:44 EST 1994

In article <2ipq46INNhjp at>,
Ron Beloin  <R.Beloin at> wrote:
>In article <1994Feb1.153003.23438 at> Gary Radice,
>radice at writes:
>> Has anyone used SIMLIFE for exercises in introductory or upper level college
>> biology classes? I've not seen the program, and would like to know whether
>> it is amenable for use in a classroom or is more like an arcade game.
>My problem with SimLife (and also SimEarth) is that the model relationships
>assumptions are hidden and frequently wrong.
[various stuff deleted]

I personally have not used these programs but my SO is using a program
called "HypoLife" at the University of Maryland in her Cell Biology course.
I don't know if this product can be purchase or if it is a "in-house" program
but maybe this information could be helpful.

Quote from the SO, "HypoLife was a system where you could look at the
evolution of species.  And using scientific method analyze the rules
governing evolution"

- Desmond
   _    Desmond S. Fuller               | E-mail: dfuller at
 _| |_  American Red Cross              |          fuller at
|_   _| 15601 Crabbs Branch Way         | Phone: (301) 738-0898
  |_|   Rockville, MD  20855-2743 (USA) | Fax:   (301) 738-0794