From Procite to Reference Manager

Bob Wall bobwall at
Thu Jan 6 07:30:28 EST 1994

Arild.Tangeras at (Arild.Tangeras at writes:

>How do I transfer records from Procite to Referene Manager?

>Any help, or suggestions for another discussion group that can help?

>Arild Tanger†s.

Research Information Systems provides such a service.  They charge for
that service, but I don't know how much.  Give them a call (619-438-5562).

You can also do it "by hand."  The strategy would be to export your
procite references to an ascii file and then import them into ref man.
RefMan is not very flexible about importing so the format of the file has
to be just right.  Fortunately with Procite you can customize the export
to ascii to match RefMan's requirements.  It is not such a big job if
your citations are all or mostly in one format in Procite (ie,
Journal-long) but if you have a lot of different types (Journal-shor,
book-long, etc) it would take a LOT of work to get it right.

It would be nice if some Information Professional would write a freeware
format style sheet for doing this (hint, hint <g>).