NCBI BLAST output format: Question.

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Fri Jan 7 03:01:12 EST 1994

> To:            bio-soft at net.bio.net
> From:          brianf at med.uvm.edu (Brian Foley)
> Subject:       NCBI BLAST output format: Question.
> Date:          Thu, 6 Jan 1994 20:09:57 GMT

> 	Can someone tell me what is the best software for viewing
the
> output from an NCBI BLAST search?

Try WinBlast from NCBI: runs under Windows 3.1, has a window for
hits, and another for the alignment of a specific hit.  Also allows
saving of sequences, and a host of other functions (as well as
formatting of BLAST server requests).  It has a friend called IRX
which allows search and retrieval and viewing/saving of sequences as
well.  Solid gold...!

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023       |            (Pearl, 1971)             |